The Metropolitan line has several disused stations. The first diused station is Aylesbury. The Metropolitan Line decided that when they got all A60 Stock they were going to withdraw service from this station on the 10 September 1961. Aylesbury is now operated by National Rail.
The next disused station is Brill, this station was closed on 30 November 1935. The station and also the route was closed due to the low amount of passengers travelling on this section of the line. This station has now been demolished.
Granborough Road is another disused station, this was closed on 4 July 1936 this was closed when Verney Junction service was cut back to Aylesbury due to low passenger numbers. The station was closed and the route was closed as well. The station has also been demolished.
Service was withdrawn from Great Missenden on 10 September 1961 and is now operated by National Rail. The service was cut back to Amersham when electric locomotive-hauled trains were replaced.
Grove Road (Hammersmith) was closed on the Metropolitan line on 31 December 1906 when service was withdrawn due to low passenger numbers and then the station was fully closed by the London and South Western Railway and has now been demolished.
Although there is still a King's Cross St.Pancras the station has actually been resited. This operation occurred on the 9 March 1941. The original station still remains, the original platforms were to the east of the current ones. The station was then moved to make interchange with the main line station easier.
Lord's station was closed and then demolished on 19 November 1939 this station was closed to increase capacity on the Metropolitan line, following the opening of the nearby St. John's Wood station on the Bakerloo Line (now the Jubilee Line).
On 19 November 1939 Marlborough Road was closed to increase capacity on Metropolitan line, following the opening of nearby St. John's Wood station on the Bakerloo Line (now Jubilee Line). The same reason why Lord's station was closed. The building still remains.
Preston Road's old station was closed and demolished because of the amount of tracks through the station increased from two to four. The station was reconstructed to the west but before that the station was only a small halt.
6 July 1936, service was withdrawn from Quainton Road and transferred to LNER. The station building still remains. This all happened because service was cut back to Aylesbury due to low passenger numbers and temporarily opened for war time operations between 1943 and 1948. BR services withdrawn 1963 but the station is the home of the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre and is used for occasional special services from Aylesbury.
Stoke Mandevillle is now operated by National Rail because service was withdrawn on 10 September 1961 when electric locomotive-hauled trains were replaced with A60 Stock.
17 August 1940 Swiss Cottage station was closed and demolished as a wartime measure and not reopened; the adjacent Bakerloo line (now Jubilee line) station briefly operated as an interchange.
Uxbridge Road was closed on 19 October 1940 after bombing of the line during Word War II, due to low passenger numbers; National Rail services on the line continue, and Shepherd's Bush station is a short distance to the north. The station has now been demolished.
Verney Junction station and route was closed and demolished on 6 July 1936 when service was cut back to Aylesbury due to low passenger numbers.
Waddesdon was also closed on 6 July 1936 when Verney Junction service was cut back to Aylesbury because of low passenger numbers. The station and route has been demolished.
Waddesdon Junction on 30 November 1935 route and station was closed when Brill Branch was closed due to a very low amount of passengers. The station has now been demolished.
Service was withdrawn from Wendover on 10 September 1961 when service was cut back to Amersham when electric locomotive-hauled trains were replaced with A60 Stock. The station is now operated by National Rail.
Westbourne Park station was resited on 31 October 1871 the station has been closed and demolished when current station was opened in 1871.
30 November 1935 Westcott station and route was closed although the building still remains. The station and route was closed when Brill Branch was closed due to very low passenger numbers.
Winslow Road was closed when Verney Junction service was cut back to Aylesbury due to low passenger numbers. This occurred on 6 July 1936 and has now been demolished.
Wood Siding station and route was closed on 30 November 1935 when Brill branch was closed due to very low passenger numbers. The station has now been demolished.
Wotton station and route was closed when the Brill branch was closed. It closed on 30 November 1935 and has now been demolished.
Hillingdon is also on the Piccadilly Line, and this station was resited on 5 December 1992 when the original station was of the east of the current station and was closed to allow widening of the A40 road. The original station has now been demolished.
Uxbridge is also on the Piccadilly line as well and this station was also resited. The station was closed when the current one opened on a new alignment closer to Uxbridge town centre. The original station was closed on 3 December 1938 and has been demolished.